What is Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer?
The Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer is ultimately an accessibility addon that gives your employees the ability to view and convert MPP files without moving documents back and forth to the local computer. Files created in Microsoft Project open directly in Alfresco without additional software. Though Standard Alfresco does not support MPP, this addon gives your Alfresco system the ability to handle MPPs with ease. This dual viewer/converter module lets you open, preview, makes notes, and even convert projects to other file formats.
Why is Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer so important?
- Instant gratification– preview MPP files inside the user-friendly Alfresco Document Library
- Security – no need to move in-progress work projects to the local machine
- No Limits –access MPP files from anywhere
- Convert On-the-Go – convert to a new file format in seconds for sharing purposes
- Save Money – limit the number of MS Project software licenses your company purchases
- Facilitate Collaboration – convert files so non-project management folks can review work
The Benefits of Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer
The Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer addon is designed to remove the limits on mobility presented by Standard Alfresco systems. At Skytizens, we’ve made it possible to access, preview, edit, and work with MS Project files even if you don’t have the MS program installed on your local device. All tables, diagrams, and charts in the file become accessible to the user. It frees people from their work desks and cuts back on expensive proprietary software. The ability to convert MPP files to other file formats (like PDF) also means you can share work across departments and be a better collaborator with project partners.
How Does It Work?
The Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer brings MPP files into the Alfresco repository. The file is saved in its original format in the Document Library. This module renders the file so that it has an image thumbnail and a full preview.
In preview mode users can access, view, make notes, edit, and otherwise manipulate MPP files in typical ways. These proprietary files also have the Convert option in the file’s action menu. The convert action allows the user to convert MPP files into other, more universal file formats for sharing such as PDF or image files.
Viewer – All MPP files will automatically be converted in Alfresco system-wide.
- Preview Mode – Full access.
- Thumbnail – for navigation in the Alfresco Document Library
- Full-view – with full zooming/manipulation abilities
Convert – This button allows users to control MPP conversion actions and parameters.
- Output format – currently our addon supports PDF but Skytizens is developing forther editorial abilities
- Orientation – view
- Paper – choose the size of the output PDF
- Diagrams – choose the output of MPP diagrams
- Scale – choose percentage of original scale?
- Output width in percentage – 1-100%
- Output height in percentage – 1-100%
- Fit to Pages – toggle on or off
- Output width in pages – enter number
- Output height in pages – enter number
- Action buttons – carry out the conversion
Permissions Control – Access to this addon is managed by Group and Role.
- Group Access – Permission to use the module is given by the client’s administrator by designating members of a group.
- Role Access – Permission to use this module on certain files is given by file managers based on role access in the system.
Remote workers can breathe a sigh of relief. No more limits from project management software. Bring MS Project files onboard without having software on every device. Preview and convert MPP files on the go, even from a tablet or smartphone.
The Alfresco MS Project Converter & Viewer addon was developed by Skytizens to remove the obstacles and give companies true mobility with project management files. Now everyone can access MPP files, view and make notes directly from the Alfresco document management system, and even see full diagram outputs of MPP files without switching applications.
More than a viewer, this module converts MPP files into PDF making them easy to share and preserve. This nimble addon is vital for companies that deal with large project management processes, especially those who work across departments and large geographic areas where software licensing has presented limits in the past.
|Alfresco Component Type|