What is Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter?
The Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter addon is a lightweight, powerful Alfresco add-on for viewing and saving AutoCAD drawing files as PDF files. AutoCAD is the most popular computer-aided design (CAD) program on earth and is the standard used in many industries including design, engineering, and construction. With this dual viewer/converter module, you can open, preview, makes notes, and even convert 2D and 3D design projects to other file formats without using official AutoCAD software.
No more waiting until you get to the office to review blueprints because mobile devices don’t allow full AutoCAD software installations. With this addon, professionals can manage design files from Alfresco using a tablet, mobile device, or even a smartphone.
Why is Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter so important?
- No More Limits – now you can view and access DXF, DWG, and DWF files from anywhere
- Convert On-the-Go – convert to a new file format in seconds for sharing purposes
- Save Money – limit the number of AutoCAD software licenses your company needs to purchase
- Accessibility – convert files so non-design folks can review work without special software
The Benefits of AutoCAD Viewer & Converter
Skytizens has developed the Alfresco AutoCAD Converter addon for construction and engineering clients who complain about limits on mobility. We’ve made it possible to access, preview, edit, and work with AutoCAD files even if you don’t have the program installed on your local device. It frees people from their work desks and cuts back on expensive proprietary software. The ability to convert DXF, DWG, and DWF files to other file formats (like PDF) also means you can share work across industries and be a better collaborator with non-design partners.
How Does Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter Work?
Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter brings DXF, DWG, and DWF files into the Alfresco repository. The file is saved in its original format in the Document Library. This module renders the file so that it has an image thumbnail and a full preview.
In preview mode users can access, view, make notes, edit, and otherwise manipulate AutoCAD files in typical ways.
These proprietary files also have the Convert option in the file’s action menu. Convert action allows the user to convert AutoCAD files into other, more universal file formats for sharing such as PDF or image files.
Supported Files – This module supports three file extensions common to AutoCAD.
View – AutoCAD files are fully visible in the Document Library.
- Gallery View – View files along with important details.
- Thumbnail View – View visual icons of the projects in the folder to quickly identify and locate the file you need.
Preview Mode – Files that originate from AutoCAD and are housed in Alfresco are available for full preview mode.
- View – full layout in single page, thumbnail
- Width adjustment
- Full Alfresco Action Menu
Convert – Convert AutoCAD files into other file formats.
- Output format – choose PDF
- Auto zoom extended – to enable, tick the box
- Detect page size – to use original specifications, tick the box
- Use layout paper size – to use original specs, tick the box
- Pixel format – color or black/white
- Background color – white or black
- Output width – designate measurement in inches
- Output height – designate measurement in inches
- Resolution – designate in DPI
- Layout – Convert all layouts, default layout (designer sets),
- Export bookmark information into PDF – to enable, tick the box
- Export layer information into PDF – to enable, tick the box
Advanced Editing – Users can edit AutoCAD files in a way that is useful for review and approvals of design projects.
- Create Note
- Strikeout – Text on the image.
- Draw – Make markings, arrows, and other drawn commentary directly on the document preview.
- View Annotations
Permissions Control – Access to the Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter feature is managed by Group.
- Group Access – Permission to use the feature is given by the client’s administrator by designating members of a group.
No more being chained to the computer at the office. Bring AutoCAD onboard without having expensive software on your device. Preview and convert Alfresco AutoCAD documents on the go, even from a tablet or smartphone.
The Alfresco AutoCAD Viewer & Converter addon was created to make Alfresco more user-friendly for architects, project managers, engineers, graphic designers, and construction professionals. Now everyone can access AutoCAD files, view and make notes directly from the Alfresco document management system without switching between applications. You can review Alfresco AutoCAD files away from your desktop too, so no more being tied to the office.
More than just a viewer, this module allows users to convert DXF, DWG, and DWF into PDF for ease of sharing. This lightweight but utilitarian addon is vital for companies in the design industry, especially those who work alongside non-design professionals such as government agencies and or clients with different software standards like multinational clients.
|Alfresco Component Type|