What is an Electronic Signature?
An electronic signature, or e-signature, is a digitized way to sign electronic documents. Electronic signatures can be used to replace handwritten signatures in virtually every personal or business process and saves on paper at the same time.
The Alfresco Electronic Signature addon also makes digital signatures available for workflow approvals in Alfresco. This quick fix allows you to complete business transactions in minutes instead of weeks. Save your company time and money by handling signatures directly in the Alfresco system where your documents are stored.
Why is the Electronic Signature so important?
- Lightning speed – approvals and collaborative work gets signed within minutes
- New standard – industries worldwide are migrating to the electronic signature
- Adaptable – use to sign internal approvals, TIFFs, PDFs, MS Office documents, web fax, etc.
- Go green – no need for paper, printers, fax machines, or courier services
- Cutting-edge – Skytizens is the first company in Thailand to develop E-Signature for Alfresco
The Benefits of Electronic Signature
The Skytizens Electronic Signature allows you to go paperless, cut costs, and expedite your business processes. We integrated the e-signature capability directly into Alfresco to allow users to sign paperwork without exporting. With this addon, our clients can transform paper processes and formal authorizations into a fully electronic web-based workflow.
How Does It Work?
Alfresco users create a unique digital signature by “drawing” or uploading a handwritten signature. The electronic signature is saved in the system for future documents that need signing. Your signature remains protected by your Alfresco password, which is required anytime you e-sign a new document.
Our addon helps you do everything from a simple one-page approval to an executive board announcement that requires multiple signatures on each page. The signed documents are saved in your Alfresco Document Library where you can access them for later use.
Signature – This module is located in the Alfresco user profile under Skytizens Features.
- Create on Digital Whiteboard – use your computer mouse, tablet stylus, or touchscreen to draw your signature on the Alfresco whiteboard
- Upload a scanned image of your signature or initials from paper
Signing Options – Choose which pages of the document will have your signature.
- Current Page
- All Pages
- Odd Pages
- Even Pages
Multiple Signatures – Keep more than one signature for specific uses.
- Unlimited Uploads – Select multiple unique image files to save in your profile (i.e. full signature, informal signature, initials only)
- Create – Keep one Alfresco-based signature on file
- All versions are password protected
Other Options – Insert more information for your signature block.
- Add Name and Surname – typed for legibility
- Add Current Date –the signing date of the document
Signature Review – Situate your signature on the page.
- Drag signature – position your signature correctly on the page
- Resize – adjust your signature to an appropriate size
Save the Signed Document – Choose how the file will appear in your Document Library.
- New Version – For PDFs, this option is used to sign and replace the original file. In this case, the original unsigned version is permanently deleted.
- New File – This option converts the signed version of the file into PDF and the original file remains in the user’s Document Library.
- Same Folder – sign and save as new file in the source folder
- Anywhere – sign and save in another destination folder
Indicator – Easily identify signed documents: All documents created or altered using the E-Signature feature will produce a file with an “E-SIGN” suffix on the filename.
Sign ANY Document – PDF, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, HTML, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, EPS, and many more. The signed document will be converted to PDF format for easy sharing and file transfer with your work colleagues.
Sign in Batch Mode – Sign multiple documents at once.
Integration with Alfresco Workflow – Alfresco users can sign and approve documents related to tasks assigned within the digital workflow system.
Authentication – Required every time you sign a document, making the Alfresco Electronic Signature addon a safe option for protecting your approvals.
Stamps – Add stamps to your document as needed (e.g. APPROVED, REJECTED, CONFIDENTIAL, DO NOT COPY). Admin is free to upload stamps to the system.
Admin Settings – Allow the user to control where signed documents are saved. This protects documents containing sensitive information like signatures and initials. Admin can enable or disable the save options.
- Save as new version
- Save as new file – in the same folder
- Save as new file – anywhere
Permissions Control – Access to the Electronic Signature feature is managed by Group and Role.
- Group Access – Permission to use the feature is given by the client’s administrator by designating members of a group.
- Role Access – Permission to use this feature on certain files is given by file managers based on role access in the Alfresco system.
Don’t waste time and paper. No more printing and scanning signatures. Welcome to the 21st century where you can sign online. All the authority—without the hand cramps.
The Electronic Signature is the new standard when it comes to work-related documents. Everything from annual performance reviews to internal budget approvals can be signed using Alfresco’s Electronic Signature. This addon makes collaborative projects move lightning fast— without sacrificing the accountability of a pen and ink signature.
The Alfresco E-Signature addon means that Skytizens clients can enjoy quick turnaround on signature-dependent processes without purchasing separate software. Your paperwork is stored in Alfresco. Now you can digitally sign your documents directly in Alfresco too. Save time. Save the environment. Start using Electronic Signatures today.