What is Real-Time Workflow Monitoring?
The Real-Time Workflow Monitoring addon for Alfresco is a module developed by Skytizens to enhance the functionality of the Business Process Management (BPM) platform that runs within the Alfresco system.
Real-Time Workflow Monitoring module is a two-part enhancement. First, it identifies users based on the company organizational chart, creating a system hierarchy that mirrors real life. Second, it gives supervisors in the system the ability to monitor the workflow activity of direct reports and employees underneath them.
Why is Real-Time Workflow Monitoring so important?
- Real-Time – workflow details updated every minute
- Regular oversight – managers can exercise their supervisory duties within Alfresco
- Increased productivity –control permissions, track staff activity, and check financial approvals at all levels
- Identify opportunities –monitor when staff members are stuck and take steps to intervene with training or assistance
The Benefits of Real-Time Workflow Monitoring
Skytizens has developed the Real-Time Workflow Monitoring addon due to the limitations of Standard Alfresco workflow capabilities. Instead of users being limited to their own workflows, this module gives supervisors actual management capabilities within the system. It also creates room for a Quality Manager or similar user to monitor workflows on the larger scale and identify stoppage or difficulties across the BPM system. Real-Time Workflow Monitoring records include vital up-to-the-minute information for HR, staff performance reviews, accounting, company-wide strategic planning, financial audits, and more.
How Does It Work?
Setup for any Workflow module requires an in-depth analysis of your company’s organizational chart. Using input about all correlating authorization processes, the Real-Time Workflow Monitoring module will label users based on the hierarchy of your company.
Once the system “understands” your organizational chart, it will allow supervisors to monitor the workflow activities of their team. Managers will be able to see all the workflows, sub-workflows, and individual tasks of direct reports and any employees under them.
With this module, Administrators in Alfresco also have the ability to view all workflow activity across the system. This means that it creates the possibility of a position or staff member that can monitor the entire workflow system for quality control and increased productivity.
Process Diagram Setup – Input of company’s organizational chart. Users will have a clear view of the staff Roles and supervisors can review the process diagram on workflow activities.
Monitoring Access Levels – “Supervisor” level means any staff member with a direct report; there can be multiple levels of supervisors and their access to workflow monitoring of the staff beneath them depends entirely on the org chart
- User – Users can always monitor tasks they have been assigned and workflows they have personally initiated. Standard Alfresco is limited to this ability.
- Supervisor – Skytizens developed this module to use the company organizational chart and apply logical hierarchy rules so that supervisors can see the workflows of other users—namely their direct reports and other staff underneath them. Supervisors of the same level but differing departments cannot typically access workflows from other departments.
- Quality Manager (QM) – Skytizens also developed this module to give administrative permissions to a QM-type employee who can monitor all workflows in the system.
Real-Time Workflow Monitoring – To track productivity, Workflows Monitoring is located in the Tasks Menu Bar of users designated as supervisors in the organizational chart setup. This area produces a list of workflow activity.
- Workflow – each workflow has an action menu:
- Active Task – view the process diagram with active task outlined in red
- List of Tasks – breakdown of detailed tasks that make up this workflow
- View Workflow – access the Workflow Record and attached items
- History – the process diagram with completed tasks highlighted in red
- Sidebar Filters – use this menu to filter the listed display
- Next 7 Days
- No Date
- Last 7 Days
- Last 14 Days
- Last 28 Days
- Workflow type – a list of all workflow types this company has on file
- Export to Excel – download the workflow report as a table
- Start Workflow – another location to initiate a new workflow
- Configure Page – choose how to display the information by the following searchable columns:
- Workflow Name
- Start Date
- End Date
- Total Time
- Due Date
- Workflow Type
- Workflow ID
- Workflow Title
- Workflow Description
- Hidden Workflows – hide workflows from the display list by type
Take the oversight abilities that your supervisors have in the office and transfer them to your computer-based systems. With up-to-the-minute monitoring, supervisors can finally keep a finger on the pulse of their team.
This Alfresco addon was developed by Skytizens to expand the Business Process Management platform in Alfresco and give supervisors actual management capabilities within the Workflow system.
It seems obvious, but many systems don’t give supervisors the real ability to manage their staff in the computer system. Without this module, managers can’t oversee what their employees are doing beyond individual tasks. Now, supervisors can utilize the full capability of workflows by opening and viewing the real-time activity of all staff members who report to them in the company. This means managers can be proactive about their assistance to staff and staff can be transparent about progress with their managers.
|Alfresco Component Type|